Solar Panels in Tulsa: Cost and Savings
Solar panels in Tulsa can be a great way to cut your carbon footprint and energy costs. Oklahoma has seen a significant increase in solar panels installed in homes over the last few years.
Are you wondering if using solar power in Oklahoma is worthwhile? Continue reading to find out about the costs and advantages of solar panels in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and whether or not they are right for you.
Oklahoma Solar Panels Cost
A residential solar panel system will cost between $3 and $5 per Watt. This is approximately $15,000 to $25,000 for a 5-kW system. Homeowners can get subsidies through tax credits or other incentives.
Solar Panel Setup
Your home’s solar panel system components will play a significant role in the final price. These are the components that you will likely find in a home solar system.
- Solar panels – The central part of your solar system, the panels, capture sunlight and provide energy for your home. You have the option of monocrystalline, polycrystalline, or thin-film panels.
- Solar cell – This is an equipment piece that captures sunlight and converts it into electricity.
- Inverter – The inverter in your solar panel converts the electricity from your solar cells from direct current (DC), and power into alternating current (AC), which you need to power your home.
- Batteries – After you have converted solar energy to usable electricity, you are able to store any excess energy in your batteries until you use it.
Oklahoma Solar Incentives and Rebates
There are financial incentives available to lower the cost. The federal government offers a solar Investment Tax Credit, which allows you to claim 26% of your cost when you buy a residential system. Oklahoma also offers net metering. When you send excess electricity back into the grid, net metering can help you get credit on your electricity bill.
Oklahoma’s Solar Energy May Be Able to Lower Your Electric Bill.
Suppose you purchase a $15,000 residential solar panel in Tulsa. The federal tax credit could help you save $3,900 in the first year. You’ll also be able to save money on your monthly electricity bill. Oklahoma residents typically pay $112 per month for electricity. If you could offset that cost by solar, you could save as much as $1,344 per annum ($112 x 12). In just eight years, your solar panel system should break even.
Solar Panels Can Help You Get Closer to Energy Independence
What does this mean exactly? This means your family’s budget won’t be as affected by energy price swings. When there are extreme heat and cold temperatures, energy demand is higher in summer than in winter. Electricity tends to be more costly during these months. You can avoid these price swings by generating your own solar energy. Your monthly electricity bill will almost disappear.
How to Purchase Solar Panels in Tulsa, Oklahoma
It is important to fully understand what you are getting when you buy solar panels in Tulsa.
These are some things you should consider before buying solar panels:
- Your roof. The best solar panels work on south-facing roofs that have slopes between 15 and 40 degrees. Solar panels work best on older roofs that aren’t likely to need replacement soon and that receive a lot of sun.
- The length of time you intend to stay in your home. This will determine how much you get from your solar panel investment. You may need to wait several years before you can make a profit on your solar panel investment.
- Rules for homeowners associations. You may need to get approval before installing solar panels on your home.
Call ESD Solar Today
It’s relatively easy to see why many homeowners are converting to solar panels. It’s a great investment that will save you thousands of dollars on utility costs in the long run. If you’re ready to install solar panels in Tulsa, we can help! Give ESD Solar a call today!