Questions to Ask Solar Companies in Lakeland FL
After you have researched and determined that solar power is the right option for you, you should contact ESD Solar. We are one of the top solar companies in Lakeland FL. After a thorough inspection of your home, including any obstructions, our solar experts will give you an estimate to determine how many panels you’ll need, what their cost is, and when they’ll be paid for.
You’ll probably have many questions at this point. Here’s where ESD Solar comes in.
Questions About the Installer
The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners offers certification for solar installers. It is important to choose an installer who will make sure that a NABCEP-certified professional is on-site at all times during installation.
These are the questions to ask a solar panel installer:
- What length of time have you been in the business?
- How many solar systems do you have?
- Are you NABCEP certified, licensed, bonded, and insured?
- What is your business license number?
- Do you have references from at least three satisfied customers that you can share?
- What experience have you had working with my local utility company?
- Are you a subcontractor on your systems? If so, what are the best ways to ensure that your subcontractors do a great job?
These questions will satisfy you that the solar company is established and has a staff of professionals. The last two questions in particular are important.
Questions About Solar Equipment
Solar contractors tend to use quality brands that offer good warranties and long-lasting performance when installing solar equipment. But, it is always a good idea to double-check.
These are some questions you should ask about solar panels or other equipment:
- Why did you choose this solar equipment?
- What type of solar system do you have on your roof and business?
- If any, what problems did other homeowners have with their solar equipment?
- What warranty protections are available for solar panels and inverters?
- Are my solar panels protected from animals?
- What do I do if my equipment breaks down?
- What would it cost to buy a solar battery?
Questions About Money
Cost is the most important consideration for homeowners. Savings is closely linked to that. Good solar companies in Lakeland FL will provide a quote that includes the total cost, savings per year, and payback period.
These are some questions you should ask about the costs and savings that can be made by installing a solar system:
- How do I make sure I’m eligible for the solar tax credit?
- What other incentives are available? How can they be used to reduce or repay the costs of the system?
- When is the due date for payments to the system? Is the total amount due in one payment?
- What time will it take for solar panels to make their investment back?
- Which rate of rising utility costs are you using in your estimates?
- What are the financing options available?
- Are the monthly payments for financed solar panels going up?
- Can solar panels increase my home’s value?
The solar installer should be able to give you an honest answer on the calculations used to determine solar production for your roof. You don’t have to pay for expensive software to calculate solar production. However, you can get an idea of how accurate their calculations are by using the PVWatts tool provided by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory.
Questions About the Work Being Done
After you have settled on the price and the payment schedule, it is time to consider the practicalities of installing solars on your roof.
These are some questions you should ask regarding the installation process:
- What are the steps in the solar installation process?
- What is the time frame for the entire process?
- Are there any guarantees for your work?
- What happens if you fail to finish your work on time?
- What happens if there is a leak after the panels are installed?
ESD Solar Has All the Answers!
A thorough understanding of your energy requirements can help you better leverage the benefits of solar. The more information you’re armed with before going solar, the better your end results will be.
When it comes to making a big investment like going solar, finding a trustworthy source of information is key. Our team at ESD Solar is here to help you navigate the solar world, and we’re always happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have. Contact us today for more information on Lakeland FL solar systems.