Installing Solar Panels In Columbus
One little-known fact about Columbus: It’s a great spot to get solar energy for your home. Solar energy is not only a great way to help the environment, but it also has many financial benefits. Because Ohio encourages residents to go green, this is especially true if you live in Columbus. It’s easy for homeowners to switch to solar panels in Columbus, Ohio, with their 2027 renewable energy goal that 12.5 percent of their electricity will come from renewable sources. The state of Ohio has seen solar energy grow exponentially in recent years. This means that you have more options for solar panel installation in Columbus at a reasonable price. Keep reading to learn why Columbus is a great place to go solar.
Cost Of Solar Panels in Columbus, Ohio
Thanks to advances in solar technology and increased manufacturing supply, solar panels have seen a dramatic drop in cost over the past few years. How much does a solar panel cost? There are many factors that can affect the cost of solar panels, including their energy consumption, sun exposure, equipment, labor, incentives, and pricing. Because of the many factors involved, it’s hard to give an exact price for everything. Our solar experts can provide a free estimate, which takes into consideration your individual energy consumption, home size, tax credits, and other factors. You get the best out of your investment, including superior service and warranties. Let’s see how solar energy systems can help you save money.
Is It Worth Buying Solar Panels In Columbus?
It’s easy to see how solar panels in Columbus are worthwhile considering all of the incentives Ohio has for its residents. You can save money by switching to solar power. You might also wonder if solar panels are able to get enough sunlight into your Columbus home. Solar panels can still be used even when it is snowing or cloudy. Ohio gets a lot of sunlight and will be able to produce plenty of it with its long summer days. You can store more sunlight during peak hours, even on shorter winter days, by adding solar battery storage. Your stored solar energy will also protect you from storms and outages.
Columbus Solar Incentives & Tax Credits
Solar incentives can be a great way of saving money and making the decision to invest in solar panels easy. Consult with a professional to learn more about the benefits of going solar and how it will benefit your home’s energy goals. Given the many variables, it can be difficult to comprehend all the benefits of solar energy. Let professionals do the calculations. ESD Solar can help you schedule a consultation. You can also find out about all the incentives for solar panel installation in Ohio, offered to homeowners.
Federal Solar Tax Credit
The federal government is the best incentive to go solar. The Solar Federal Tax Credit, which is 26% of the total cost of your solar system, including installation and battery, is an incredible incentive to go solar. This incentive makes it easier to go solar in Ohio than ever. The federal government recognizes that solar power, a renewable source of clean energy, is the best way for Ohio homeowners to generate electricity. To help homeowners install and purchase solar panels, the Federal Solar Tax Credit is 26%. This incentive allows you to get tax credits up to 26% of the cost of your solar panel system including batteries. If you don’t use your tax credits in a given year, they will roll over to the following year. In 2023, the Solar Federal Tax Credit for Homeowners will be 22% and then disappear in 2024.
Columbus Property Tax Exemption
Many home improvements and additions can increase the property tax. Solar panels in Columbus are exempt from property taxes. This means that you don’t have to pay any additional property taxes for solar panels that are installed at your home.
Ohio Solar Sales Tax Exemption
Solar panels can be purchased without the need to pay Ohio sales tax. This means that you can increase the value of your property while switching to clean energy at a savings of 5.75%
Columbus Net Metering
Ohio also encourages solar power through a state-wide net metering policy. Simply put, net metering means that you will get credit for the energy your solar panels produce using the sun’s power, but not to use it to power your home. This occurs most often during peak sunlight hours. You can also use this credit to purchase energy from the electric grid at night.
AEP Ohio, one of Columbus’ main companies that offer a net-metering program for solar energy at home, is also known.
How To Choose The Best Solar Companies In Columbus, OH
When making the switch from fossil fuels to solar energy, it is important to select the right installer. Let’s take a look at some important points to remember when selecting a Columbus Ohio solar panel company.
- Expertise: A solar installer should have a solid reputation in the industry. Expertise is a company that has been in business for more than a few decades and has completed thousands of installations.
- Roof knowledge: It is also important to check if the company has any roofing experience. It is important to make sure the company installing your solar system on your roof has to experience with roofs.
- In-house team: Many companies subcontract the installation of other employees. In-house solar companies are more reliable and can communicate with each other faster.
- Credentials: Any reputable company that installs solar panels will have all the required licenses, insurance policies, credentials, and other documentation for each area they work in. Their website should list them and make it easy for customers to locate them. All credentials are required to be certified as legitimate businesses.
- Reputation: It’s a good place to start. Companies that respond quickly and professionally to customer reviews are worth your attention. Customers who are treated well by companies will be grateful and helpful. A bonus is to search for a solar company with awards.
- Warranty: When considering solar companies, warranties are an important factor. Many solar companies don’t offer reliable warranties. You want to ensure your investment when you buy a high-end system. A solar company will provide you with peace of mind by ensuring that your investment is protected for many years.
If you’re ready to take the next step, or even if you’re considering what it would take to get you there, contact us to discover all your options. ESD Solar installs solar panels in Columbus and throughout Ohio. Get free quotes from ESD Solar for your specific needs.
Contact Us For More Information On Solar Installations In Columbus, Ohio
ESD Solar is able to provide a better product in a shorter time because it uses the latest technology. ESD Solar can provide better quality, customization, attention to detail, and accuracy while still maintaining greater accuracy. ESD Solar has successfully worked with many commercial and residential customers. ESD Solar, a regional leader for solar panels, was recognized in just ten years as one of the most respected and fastest-growing companies in the U.S.
- The most advanced computer-based processing
- Custom CAD Design
- Wireless real-time data analysis
- These are the most trusted brands in this industry
- You can monitor your investments from any location in the world
- 100% Digital data processing
If you have any questions about the excellent solar panels we install in Columbus, Ohio, or if you’re interested in getting solar panels installed, you can contact us today. We’re here to help you with all of your solar needs.